The Memory Institute
The Memory Institute Provides Unique Focus
The Memory Institute offers care for the dementia patient and family unlike any other resource in the Charlotte region. We focus not only on the patient, but also the entire family. Caregivers, as well as patients, are educated on treatment recommendations, community resources, at-home strategies and other vital information, promoting a more satisfying quality of life within everyone's best ability to function.
We can help you understand the cause of memory problems and other cognitive function issues. This understanding empowers families like yours to understand how to help, what to do, and where to go if you need further assistance.
Making Life Easier and Better When Dealing with Memory Loss:
- Evaluations by board certified neurologist, trained in various forms of dementia and memory loss
- Occupational Therapy Assessments
- Speech Evaluations
- Cognitive Evaluations
- Treatment recommendations
- Research Studies
- Action plans for exercise, cognitive training and more
- Resources for families
- Support for families and patients
Considering an Evaluation?
Memory screening is not only for the elderly. If you have sustained a head injury, played professional sports or just think you should be evaluated, we are happy to assist you.
If you are wondering whether or not your loved one, or yourself, should consider an evaluation, take a look at these questions. If you answer yes to more than 3, then you should call 704-372-3714.
- Difficulty traveling to new places or becoming lost in familiar areas
- Difficulty performing complex tasks such as planning dinner for guests, handling personal finances, grocery shopping
- Difficulty learning new names or forgetting names once familiar
- Difficulty finding words
- Changes in ability to function in job, volunteer work, and social groups, hobbies or interests
- Changes in the quality of personal care
- Difficulty recalling recent events
- Difficulty handling everyday problems
- Difficulty organizing